Tata 8x8 Container (Missile Carrier):
Details about Tata Motors' Range of Defence Vehicles-8x8-lpta-3138-pinaka-container.jpg
The Tata LPTA 3138 8x8 is a multi-purpose vehicle for various all terrain applications like Command & control unit, Missile carrier, MHC Radar Station, Missile firing platform, etc.
The vehicle is equipped with Anti-locking Braking System (ABS), Central Tyre Inflation System (CTIS), Auxiliary Gear box, with high & low speed mode and differential locks system.
Tata Motors has prepared the EW Command post on LPTA 3138 8x8, in collaboration with its group company Tata Power – SED. The EW Command post is a EMP Hardened MIL Grade shelter for mobile application designed as per MIL-STD-907, MIL-STD-285 intended for Electronic Warfare application.
Vehicle specification of the Tata 8x8 Pinaka Container:
• Pinaka missile system Carrier
• Power to weight Ratio of 13.4 Hp/Ton
• 375 Hp @ 2100 RPM
• 1550 Nm @ 1300 to 1400 Rpm
• Manual transmission system with 10 forward and 3 reverse gears
• Gradeability of 30 Deg under full load
• Max Speed of 80 KMPH in top gear
• trench crossing ability of 2000 mm
• Vertical Step climbing ability of 500 mm
• Fordability of 1200 mm with stop and 1400 mm with pass
• Ground clearance of 400 mm
• Payload of 18 Tons
• One Platform Many Variants: Pinaka Missile Carrier container
• HMV 8x8 with MHC
• Command and control Unit and Launcher vehicle for Rockets
Crew Capacity and comfort level
• Driver and co Driver plus 3 Person on Drivers Cabin
• HVAC Climate controlled tiltable cabin.